We are looking for an exceptional manager who can launch our new permanent space in Whanganui.
After the success of our pop-up Op Shop, we have now secured fabulous premises on Victoria Street, Whanganui and are searching for a passionate and hard working Manager who has experience in the op shopping world.
You will work with volunteers and staff to create a well run, efficient and loved Op Shop.
An understanding and passion for the second hand/pre-loved market and collectables is a must.
As the Op Shop Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless operation of our Whanganui store. Utilising your exceptional interpersonal skills, you will cultivate a sense of value and connection among our team of staff and volunteers, aligning them with our organisation's core values.
Bringing your creativity and flair, you will elevate the store's sales performance and transform it into a destination of choice for charity shopping. Moreover, you will foster a warm and inviting atmosphere for both our team members and customers alike.
You will bring:
• Outstanding interpersonal abilities
• Proven retail experience; op shop experience preferred
• Leadership or supervisory experience within a team setting
• Experience in managing volunteer teams
• Fantastic organisational skills
• Creativity and resourcefulness in problem-solving
• Effective communication, administrative, and reporting skills
• A passion for supporting underprivileged children and communities both in New Zealand and abroad
• Proficiency with relevant technologies
Hours: 25-30 hours per week, including some Saturdays
Salary: Up to $26.78 per hour depending on skills and experience.
The Orphans Aid Op shops are a major part of the fundraising for Orphans Aid, helping children and families globally and right here in NZ.
An opportunity not to be missed!
If you believe you are the perfect fit for this role, please APPLY NOW or contact Rebecca Berney on 021 500 763 for further information.