Kaiwhakahaere | Executive Director (0.75 FTE)
- Build the membership base and deliver enhanced value for members
- Te Tiriti Relationship Governance Model
- 30 hours per week, work from home
Mō Whakaora Ngangahau | About Occupational Therapy NZ
Occupational Therapy New Zealand - Whakaora Ngangahau Aotearoa (OTNZ-WNA) is the national membership association for Occupational Therapists. In September 2015, OTNZ-WNA implemented the Te Tiriti Relationship Governance Model which reflects a true partnership between tangata whenua and tangata tiriti. The association is the first allied professional body to do so.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As Executive Director you will be working with an engaged and supportive Council and a small team (3 direct reports), to deliver on the mission / kaupapa of OTNZ-WNA through the operationalisation of our strategic themes:
- Advocacy and representation | Te tū te Kauwhau Tikanga, te Tū hoki hei Māngai
- Professional development and lifelong learning | Te Whakapakari ngaiotanga me te Akoranga Mutunga-Kore
- Growth and sustainability | Te Whanaketanga me Pakaritanga Mau Tonu
- Smart communication systems | He Pūnanga Whakawhiti Kōrero Atamai
Our membership currently represents around 1/3 of registered Occupational Therapists nationally and we are seeking an Executive Director who will be committed to increasing the membership and delivering sustained value to our members.
The Executive Director role may be based anywhere, as the work will largely be performed from home. The role is available as 0.75 FTE (30 hours per week).
Ō pūmanawa | About You
We are seeking an experienced leader who is invested in, and passionate about, the work of OTNZ-WNA. You will bring sound financial management, a mana-enhancing and inclusive approach to people leadership, and effective stakeholder engagement.
- Skill in leadership that will enhance a Te Tiriti o Waitangi Relationship Governance model
- Experience in creating an environment guided by Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga, mana and kawa
- Proven financial acumen and sound financial management capability
- Experience within the health sector and an understanding of the Health Practitioners Competency Assurance Act
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
For more information contact Jane Temel – Kaiwhakahaere | Director at Niche Recruitment on 021 499 902 or request the position description and salary details from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume by the closing date of Friday 2 September 2022 using the ‘I'm interested’ button.