- 3 - 6 months hourly rate contract role for experienced policy contractors!
- Large public sector agency and a chance to work on topical issues!
- Contract starts in the last week of April or the first week of May!
Unique opportunity for an experienced and senior policy Contractor to work in a team that is at the center of NZ’s Immigration and Border Exceptions policy development!
My client is looking for an hourly rate contractor for a 3-6-months duration, to support them on some key policy project on border exceptions.
You will provide the intellectual thought leadership on complex policy programmes and lead the thinking and the policy advice on key pieces of work in the team.
As an experience policy professional, you will be able to pull things together for the senior officials’ meetings, ensuring that the advice is clear and joined-up, representing the views of various stakeholders and enabling effective decision making.
You will also use your engagement and relationship building skills to work well with a range of stakeholders - both internal and external.
This is a fast-paced role, and you will be required to pick things up and come to speed quickly.
You will also have:
- An advanced knowledge of the machinery of government and the policy development process.
- Experience in internal and external stakeholder relationship management and demonstrated experience in providing advice to the senior leaders and Ministers.
- Strong experience in influencing people, leading or contributing to cross-agency work programmes and coaching and mentoring staff.
- An interest and experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of Te Ao Māori and the Treaty of Waitangi
We are looking at a start date in the last week of April 2021 or 1st week of May 2021 (the earlier the better).
For a confidential discussion, please contact Priti Saboo on 021 193 8181 or if this role sounds like you, click ‘Apply now’, or send your CV to email@example.com today.