- Fantastic opportunity to make your mark on the recovery and rebuild of the international education sector.
- Provide quality advisory and secretariat support and advice to the Chief Executives’ group and General Managers’ group.
- Develop and contribute strategic advice for the Chief Executive on the rebuild of the sector.
Fantastic opportunity to play a key role in connecting sector agencies with Education New Zealand to deliver on the Government’s current Strategic Recovery Plan for the International Education sector.
About Education New Zealand (ENZ) and the Strategic Recovery Plan for the International Education sector:
Education New Zealand's purpose is to take New Zealand's education experiences to the world for enduring economic, social and cultural benefits. Through the development of a world class international education sector, we will build a thriving and globally connected New Zealand. ENZ works with government, education providers, peak bodies, and New Zealand's regions to strengthen the industry and its capability to deliver international education.
International education includes not only the delivery of New Zealand's quality education programmes but also builds life-long connections and helps us all have a better understanding of other cultures. Prior to Covid-19, international education was New Zealand’s 5th largest export contributing $4.94 billion in 2018. We now have a significant job to do to help drive the recovery and rebuild the sector.
About the Government Relations and Stakeholder Management Group:
The Group develops and delivers key advice and support to our Minister and government agencies and leads and drives the interagency work programme focused on policy development and alignment to support the NZ international education industry to deliver on the NZ International Education Strategy. The Group manages the governance and accountability function for Education New Zealand and relationships with our government customers (our Minister and other government agencies).
About the role:
The Strategic Advisor will provide secretariat support (including advice) to the Chief Executives’ group and General Managers’ group to deliver on the Government’s current Strategic Recovery Plan for the International Education sector. You will provide strategic advice on aspects related to the Recovery Plan and help develop and implement ENZ’s role in managing a cross-agency process to delivery on the plan.
The person we are looking for:
This role presents a great opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, and proactive professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and a dynamic cross-agency work programme.
You will also bring:
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (such as management, business, or policy).
- Exceptional skills in influencing, building strategic relationships and providing high quality strategic advice at executive level and across government agencies.
- Understanding and experience of governance functions.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to work across different cultural environments with divergent interests.
- Political nous with a strong understanding of the Machinery of Government and how to navigate it.
- Respect for and alignment with the He Rautaki Māori strategy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For any queries or if you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Priti Saboo at 021 193 8181.
If this role sounds like you, click ‘Apply now’ or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications close on 7th June 2021.
The salary range for this role is $121576 - $143030.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply.