Enrolment and Community Engagement – Wellington (Permanent)
- Are you great with engagement, communication and working with people?
- Do you have a passion for the delivery of information, data and research in an engagement context?
- Can you support a team and work on your own?
- Can you work comfortably in different environments?
If this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
About the role
We are looking for an Advisor – Engagement. You will bring your research, data insight and engagement experience to support engagement best practice through the provision of timely, efficient and quality information, data and research to the Enrolment & Community Engagement Team.
This role works closely with National Office and Regional Electoral Commission staff, community champions (individuals and organisations) and priority communities such as Youth, Māori, Pacific Peoples, Ethnic and Disabilty communities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Enrolment & Community Engagement work programme
- Leading the implementation of an engagement evaluation framework
- Leading the integration of data insights, research and analysis in an engagement context
- Relationship management and engagement with internal staff, internal teams, external stakeholders and priority communities
- Assisting with the development of engagement operating procedures
- Assisting with the development of the learning and development engagement programme
- Supporting the development of Local Body Elections 2022 and General Election 2023 engagement planning.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Proven equivalent experience in a similar role (ideally supported with a relevant qualification)
- Research and analytical skills, particularly in an engagement context
- Experience working with the following priority communities:
Youth, Disabilities, Māori, Pacific Peoples and Ethnic communities
- Experience in different environments.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
The Commission is an independent Crown entity, who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation in the electoral process. The Commission’s aim is to make it easy to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referendums.
The Commission provides a diverse learning and development environment, as well as being a family friendly employer that offers flexible working conditions.
To discuss further and to obtain a copy of the job description, please contact
Rongomaiwahine.Higgins-Herewini@nicherecruitment.co.nz or 021 973 961.
Applications close 9am Monday 11th October 2021.