Wealthpoint Ltd l Position Description l Compliance Adviser version WPPDCA 2020/June
Position Description Compliance Adviser
Wealthpoint is a co-operative owned by a network of close to 50 financial services advisory businesses, operating from more than 70 locations across New Zealand. With around 150 Advisers covering life, health and general insurance, investments, KiwiSaver and mortgages, Wealthpoint is one of New Zealand’s largest independent financial Adviser groups. The role of the Wealthpoint team is to enable our member network by providing an industry leading business framework so members can operate sustainable quality businesses.
Compliance Adviser Business unit:
Legal, Compliance and Conduct
Senior Compliance Adviser Location: Auckland
About the role
This role will be a key in assisting with the implementation of processes and procedures as well as monitoring of the Wealthpoint Advisers to ensure Wealthpoint can meet the obligations of becoming a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) and our members can operation sustainable quality businesses. As this role will work closely with the Wealthpoint Advisers it is important to build and maintain strong relationships with the Wealthpoint Advisers, and internal and external stakeholders.
Role accountabilities include:
• Conduct ongoing Quality Assurance on the Adviser Network and identify any gaps in the advice process and
or adviser knowledge.
• Conduct ongoing AML/CFT file reviews and identify any gaps in adviser knowledge or the AML/CFT
• Assist with:
o building a compliance programme in the lead up to the change in financial services legislation in 2021
o AML/CFT investigations and audits.
o responding to compliance related questions.
o investigations as a result of client complaints or incident remediation processes.
o designing and delivering training to the Wealthpoint network.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with management, adviser businesses and the board of directors
• Work collaboratively with staff to help identify and implement risk mitigation and control improvement actions
• Other general tasks as required