Want to bring your commercial background to an in-house role working across a range of legal issues and projects?
Are you someone who loves to add value and make a difference within the community?
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to join the team at the Kapiti Coast District Council.
The Kāpiti Coast is one of Wellington’s fastest growing districts and major infrastructure projects are providing economic benefit for the whole district. This position is the perfect opportunity for a legal professional to join Kāpiti’s forward thinking Council in a highly sought-after region.
About the role:
As Legal Counsel, you will bring your strong legal and commercial expertise to a range of complex and exciting projects within the local community, at a time of significant growth and change. Reporting to the Governance and Legal Services Manager, you will ensure the provision of quality, timely and cost-effective legal services across Council to meet the needs of the organisation. This includes legal advice and assistance across a wide variety of legal issues relevant to local government with a particular focus on infrastructure, property, regulatory and public law matters.
To be successful you will need to have:
- Bachelor of laws (or equivalent) and eligible for a current New Zealand practicing certificate
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field (desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience providing legal advice and assistance across a range of issues relevant to local government including property, regulatory, resource management, building, official information, privacy, warrants, delegations and public law (3 years PQE plus desirable)
- Demonstrated experience drafting and interpreting contracts and other legal documents
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and communicate legal issues and analysis in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and manage external relationships with a high degree of professionalism.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community they serve
To apply for this role please click "Apply now ". For more information about the role please feel free to reach out to Ashna Narayan on 021 2259974 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.