Manager Marketing & Communications - Poutaki Whakapāpā
- Fulltime permanent position
- Varied role managing a small team delivering marketing and communications, both internal and external
- Wellington CBD location
If you are an experienced marketing and communications manager with a passion for connecting New Zealanders with our nation’s audiovisual history we would love to hear from you!
Ngā Taonga is Aotearoa New Zealand’s audiovisual archive and a charitable trust, committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We collect, preserve, care for, and share audiovisual taonga that brings our nation’s history and heritage to life. The collection spans 120 years and encompasses films, radio, television, sound recordings and documents including the RNZ and TVNZ archives.
You will be an accomplished Marketing and Communications professional with a broad range of experience, including managing a high-performing team. Experience in Māori stakeholder engagement and working in or with government agencies would be an added bonus.
In this role the key responsibilities are:
- Managing a small marketing and communications team to deliver our relevant strategies, activities, channels, plans, policies and processes.
- Developing and implementing stakeholder engagement and communication initiatives for both internal and external audiences.
- Managing our communication tools and channels (website, intranet, social media, CRM).
- Reputation and brand management including media management.
- Building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What you would bring:
- Solid experience managing a team that has delivered a wide range of impactful marketing and communications initiatives for both external and internal audiences.
- Strong experience developing and managing marketing and communications tools and channels – previous experience overseeing a website build and/or involvement in CRM development is a plus.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering marketing and communications projects including influencing relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience writing for a wide range of purposes and audiences.
- An open and flexible style, comfortable working with ambiguity in a highly collegial and evolving environment.
- Able to work effectively with Māori stakeholders according to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Prior experience working with te reo Māori translators and/or have a foundational level of te reo.
- A good understanding of and experience in brand management.
- Some experience working with media including identifying and managing issues.
- A genuine appreciation of the cultural and heritage sector in New Zealand.
- Strong discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- An understanding of government structures and processes including working with Ministers' offices would be useful
Other requirements are a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent professional experience.
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Tessa Wilkie at Niche Recruitment Tessa.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Tessa on +64 21 198 9580.
Expressions of interest close on 24 January 2022.
All applications to Niche will be acknowledged by email. Please apply only if you are eligible to work in New Zealand.