As a Strategic HR Business Partner you will partner with senior leaders proactively to provide professional Human Resources advice, support, and services to help them achieve agreed outputs and strategic goals. You will support a largely HR operational environment and will be equipped with strong employment relations and change management skills. Reporting to the Manager Business Partnering, you will join a very supportive and cohesive team of Human Resources Business Partners who support leaders across Aotearoa.
In this pivotal role within the People Experience team of this large public sector agency, you'll help drive strategic initiatives aimed at ensuring this organisation has the capability, capacity and culture needed to deliver its organisational strategies and priorities. You'll champion kaimahi wellbeing, manage your own portfolio, and drive agile, people-focused initiatives. This is your chance to shape collective success through coaching and mentoring HR professionals while actively contributing to transformative organisational change.
This is a busy and varied role where you will never be bored! You'll thrive in this welcoming, social and high performing team.
Te Ao Māori and te Tiriti sit at the heart of everything this organisation does, and as Strategic HR Business Partner, you will help bring that to life. You will work across the organisation to create a positive workplace culture where development, inclusion and diversity, and cultural competence are highly valued.
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary, flexibility to shape your work arrangements and a range of employee benefits, including discounted healthcare, extended parental leave, and a vibrant workplace culture with social clubs and diverse employee network groups.
We're looking for someone with a strong strategic mindset and stakeholder management skills with the ability to work independently and with a wider team. To be successful in this role you will bring:
- 5+ years of generalist HR advisory experience
- A track record of providing high quality and evidence-based advice to senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to successfully support leaders through periods of organisational change
- Experience dealing with complex ER issues, demonstrating high levels of competency in dealing with complex ER issues
- Experience dealing with unions and employee representative and advocacy groups, and building strong relationships with these groups
- Proven relationship management and influencing skills – you will be a connector who can build trust and bring people along on the journey
- You will have strong business acumen, and the ability to critically analyse complex and ambiguous information to inform your decisions, with the ability to present compelling arguments and create effective and pragmatic solutions.
- You'll thrive in this environment where you will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of exciting projects
- You will be a proactive and service-oriented team player who loves to enable leaders to create a great experience for kaimahi across the organisation.
Tēnā tonoa mai | Apply Now
To apply, please use click apply now. If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please email Maria Lyons at email@example.com or contact 021 403 855; or firstname.lastname@example.org of 021 223 8008, for a confidential kōrero.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications and interviewing on an ongoing basis, therefore an appointment may be made prior to the advertised close date. We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as you can with your CV and cover letter.
Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.