Chief Executive Officer
Te Whānau Tupu Ngātahi o Aotearoa – Playcentre Aotearoa
Playcentre Aotearoa has held a unique place in the New Zealand Early Childhood Education sector for 80 years. We are a family organisation where we value and affirm parents as the first and best educators of their children.
Following the recent amalgamation of 32 Associations and Federation into a single, unified charitable trust, we are seeking a Chief Executive to embed our new organisational structure and foster a culture that supports our vision and purpose.
This role will appeal to a senior leader seeking a rewarding community-focused role with significant scale and complexity. Playcentre Aotearoa has an annual income of around $20M, a substantial property portfolio, 40 national office staff, 30 regional staff, hundreds of teaching staff and thousands of volunteers.
Ultimately, success in this role results in “less admin and more play” in the 400+ centres across Aotearoa. To achieve this, you will be an effective conduit between Governance and National Operations, overseeing efficient systems, processes and reporting; and the development of strong national and regional management teams.
You will also be responsible for key funder relationships, strategic partnerships and effective advocacy, ensuring the advancement of Playcentre’s interests and financial sustainability.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to clearly articulate strategy and lead organisational change.
- Experience leading in a not-for-profit and/or voluntary organisation, including managing volunteers and employees and working with governance boards.
- Experience overseeing financial operations, regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of te reo me tikanga Māori.
- An understanding of the Playcentre philosophy and alignment to our values.
Some travel and weekend availability will be required. The position is based at the national office in Wellington or from home if the successful candidate lives in another location.
This an exciting and pivotal time for a new Chief Executive to join us. If you would like to make a real difference within a highly respected and established NZ community organisation, apply now!
For more information contact Jane Temel on +64 21 499 902 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit your covering letter and CV via the ‘apply now’ button. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 5 March 2021.