|Job title:||People and Safety Leader, Nelson|
|Industry:||Public Sector and Government|
- Senior Cultural Change Leadership role
- Make a difference & influence future strategy
- Top life-style destination
Nelmac Kumanu has served its communities, businesses and local government across Aotearoa for 25 years, providing environmental asset maintenance services in recreational spaces, conservation and ecology, three waters, facilities management plus building and civil services.
We are one of the largest employers in Nelson, with 270 staff and an annual turnover of around $40 Million. We are seeking a People and Safety Leader who shares our passion for environmental guardianship to join our Senior Leadership Team.
The Human Resources and Safety Performance Leader works closely with the CEO, CFO and operational Divisional Leaders to deliver on our organisational goals and growth strategy.
You will be responsible for leading cultural change and the delivery of a full range of HR services to support our aim of being a great place to work and develop. You will also lead the development and implementation of our Health & Safety strategic plan, driving and embedding a wellness and safety culture across the organisation.
Ideally we are seeking a broadly experienced, senior HR practitioner who has some knowledge, or an interest to develop, in Health and Safety. You will be well supported by a talented team of direct reports, who each hold technical expertise in either HR or Safety.
- Relevant qualifications in Human Resources and/or Health and Safety;
- HR management experience including the delivery of People services across a broad generalist portfolio including remuneration, ER/IR, organisational development, talent acquisition, learning and development etc; and
- a working knowledge of Health and Safety management including the relevant legislation, quality and risk management frameworks;
- strategic thinking skills with the ability to contribute effectively as a member of a senior leadership team;
- the passion, energy and drive to lead key change initiatives; and
- strong people management and relationship building skills.
This role presents an ideal opportunity for an up-and-coming People and Safety Manager to gain strategic leadership experience as part of a high performing senior leadership team. Equally, the role would suit someone more experienced who is seeking a stimulating and challenging role in one of Aotearoa’s most sought-after life-style locations.
Discover the riches of the Tasman region with this fantastic Nelson-based role. For more information contact Jane Temel on 021 499 902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit your covering letter and CV. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received and advertising will remain open until an appointment is made.