Community Engagement Manager, Māori and Pacifica
Naku te rourou nau te rourou ka ora ai te iwi.
‘Ua fetaui lelei fola o le ‘alia.
Tokoni ki ha taha ‘oku fiema‘u ho‘o tokoni.
It’s an exciting time to jump on board this iconic New Zealand brand, steering the helm of our community engagement programmes.
In this important role you’ll be worth your salt in developing and implementing engaging community programmes. You’ll be responsible for all our core sector stakeholder relationships, gaining regular interaction with our chief executive, key partners and government agencies. We’ll provide bucket loads of occasions for you to fly your colours, as you successfully navigate different cultures and career-enhancing opportunities such as:
- Leading the strategic development of Coastguard community programmes for improved outcomes in drowning statistics.
- Oversight of Coastguard’s flagship community programme, the Old4New Lifejacket Upgrade campaign.
- Managing relationships with iwi, kaupapa Māori and Pacifica organisations, working cohesively with the Coastguard Kaihautū Māori and Te Pūhara Mana Iwi - the Coastguard Māori and Pacific advisory group.
Because this won’t be uncharted waters for you, we expect you’ll be above board on:
- Expert in programme development and delivery.
- Proficient in liaising with Pacifica and Māori communities, showing strong understanding of Te ao Māori, tikanga and Polynesian cultural practices.
- Leadership capability gained in NFP, NGO, social impact or change management.
- Results-driven work ethic.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Possess initiative, and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- IAP2 or similar desirable.
If you want to make epic things happen, then we can offer good budgets and the chance to be part of an amazing team making a difference in Aotearoa.
What can we offer:
You’ll be joining a marketing and communications team that has already won awards for the work they’re doing. Fantastic employee benefits and the ability to blur the line between your work and personal interests.
Who are we:
We’re curious, not afraid to try new things and are keen on delivering waves of excitement across Aotearoa.
We’re the marketing and communications team responsible for promoting Coastguard as the ‘go to’ people for maritime safety, education and search and rescue missions. Last year, our volunteer rescue crews bought over 6,000 people home safely after an emergency on the water.
If you have a passion for the seas, rivers and lakes of Aotearoa, and are looking for some mahi with a purpose, then please contact Tessa Wilkie at Niche recruitment on 021 198 9580