About the role
This is a newly established role, that creates the opportunity for someone to establish, lead and manage the in-house legal function for an organisation embarking on some significant and exciting sector changes.
You will provide legal advice across the organisation, working closely with the Board and CE to ensure our client’s legal compliance, in particularly in the areas of governance, contracts and procurement. You will also oversee and coordinate the outsourcing of legal advice as required.
Working within the wider regulatory team, your expertise and rigour will be welcomed by the organisation at all levels, and you will be working alongside colleagues who are passionate about their work and the organisational purpose.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years PQE in New Zealand commercial law
- Knowledge and experience with public sector procurement requirements
- An understanding and interest in local government
- Strong relationship management skills
- A desire to step into a senior role and be supported
- A current New Zealand practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
Our client is a council owned, shared services organisation with around 300 employees who are passionate about their work and supported within an environment that collaborative, caring and whānau focused.
This is a great opportunity for you to expand your experience working closely with senior leaders, the Board, and community leaders building your reputation as a trusted and valued advisor to the organisation.
For more information, please contact Chris Stewart at Niche Recruitment on 021 539 043 or apply now. Applications close 10 June, 2022.