About the role
This is a litigation and investigation support role; where you will coordinate and oversee the collection, retention and processing of evidence as well as supporting the organisation through your technical expertise in the use of litigation and investigation tools.
Our client is a regulatory agency that is required to analyse large amounts of documentary electronic evidence, to ascertain whether laws have been broken. Your work will contribute to robust and reliable evidence management procedures and in turn ensure New Zealand consumers are getting a fair deal.
As part of your job, you will be required to:
- Process incoming evidence appropriately, including labelling, scanning, copying and indexing electronic documents
- Oversee the collection, retention and processing of evidence
- Provide training and guidance to other staff
- Monitor compliance through data integrity checks
Skills and experience / About you
The most important skill you must bring is a proven ability to apply attention to detail, you will have a passion for and be driven by things being ‘just right’.
In addition to this it would be very helpful to if you have a legal/paralegal and/or IT qualification or experience and have worked in an office environment.
We are however open minded, and are committed to recognising transferrable skills so we are happy to consider your application if in addition to the must have of attention to detail, you can show us that you meet a significant mix of the following requirements:
- Technically savvy
- Sound verbal, written and numerical ability
- Demonstrated evidence management and litigation support tool expertise
- Knowledge of the Court system
- Knowledge of evidential disclosure and discovery requirements
- A law degree and/or IT qualification
- Records managements or business administration experience
- A love of data
As you can see, we think there are many people who could do this job, and we also believe it is a fantastic opportunity for someone not only join a collaborative environment and people focused organisation, but also for someone to develop an expertise in eDiscovery and evidence management. This is a skill mix and career pathway that in this ever-increasing online world is one that is only growing.
Our client offers flexible working from home arrangements, they recognise the importance of well-being and value work/life balance. They are also committed to the growth and development and are supportive of on-going access to learning and development.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you are eligible to work in New Zealand, please ‘apply now’ and provide us with a covering letter and CV clearly outlining what you would bring to this role or call Chris Stewart on 021 539 043 for more information. Our client will be reviewing applications as soon as they are received, so don’t miss out on this great opportunity.