About the role
Our client is a well-regarded mid-tier full service law firm in Auckland's CBD. They are now looking for two experienced solicitors to join their busy Resource Management and Local Government team. If you're looking for a step up, a chance to improve your work-life-balance, flexible working options or the opportunity to move into resource management, then we want to hear from you. This is an excellent career opportunity you don't want to miss, and we would be delighted to help you take that next step in your legal career.
Working across a broad variety of resource management, local government and public law matters, you will provide strategic advice to local authorities, developers, iwi and some private clients on policy, urban and land development, plan changes, heritage matters, liquor licencing and local government law under the Resource Management Act and other related environmental legislation.
The role will have a litigation and dispute resolution focus and so you will gain excellent experience in court procedure, including appearances in the Environment Court, High Court and Court of Appeal as well as mediations.
The Ideal You
- A NZ qualified solicitor, with ideally 2-7 years' experience (more or less).
- Prior experience in resource management, environmental, public and/or local government law from a private practice or in-house role would be advantageous.
- If you are practising in a different legal area, and have a genuine passion for working in resource management and local government law, then our client would welcome your application (especially from those who may have some litigation and advocacy experience).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude.
Our client is very open-minded about where you might be currently and would also consider solicitors who might wish to work part-time. This team work flexibly and so you will be able to work up to 2 days per week from home if you would like to do so.
About the firm
This is an opportunity to work with one of the market leading and well-respected resource management and local government teams in New Zealand. If you're seeking outstanding work in a collegial and supportive environment, then look no further than this opportunity!
How do I apply?
To apply for the role click the 'Apply' or 'I'm interested' button, or for more information and a confidential discussion about whether this role might , please contact Lee Scott (LLB.BA) on 021 224 9847 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.