- Wellington-based private sector senior in-house legal role
- Competitive salary with incentive scheme
Our client is looking for an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer to join their high performing legal team. As a privately owned company, with diverse interests across a number of sectors, this is a great opportunity for you to be involved in complex and challenging mahi and be rewarded accordingly.
Reporting to the General Counsel (GC) and working as part of a small team of senior lawyers, you will working on a wide range of commercial contracting matter particularly pertaining to electricity generation projects. As a senior member of the team, you will also have the opportunity to step in for the GC at times and be a mentor to other members of the team.
As Special Counsel you will be supporting a wide range of internal clients across the business, preparing and managing wholesale gas and electricity and joint venture agreements as well as leading regulatory submissions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 10+ years corporate / commercial experience within the energy sector
- Experience in project financed transactions and regulatory submissions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- A current NZ legal practicing certificate, or the ability to hold one
- The ability to present complex legal issues and advice in plain English
How to apply
For more information and/or confidential kōrero, please contact Chris Stewart, Principal Consultant on 021 539 043, or ‘apply now’. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received, and will close as soon as the role is filled.